Monday, December 25, 2006

God Save Our Children

When you become a parent your priorities completely change. You no longer focus on your own needs and wants but on the needs and wants of your children. Here lately my focus has been on my children's salvation. It is never too early or too late.
I went to a ladies revival in Wichita Falls and there were three sisters praying together. My first thought was I want that for my children and my second thought was their mother must be the proudest lady in the room.
If we do everything right does that ensure that our children will live for God? I don't think that it does. I think we need a lot of help from the Lord.
I have heard from many different preachers that if you want your prayers answered that you need to get to a place where you say "Lord, whatever it takes I'm willing" and mean it. I personally have never been to that place until now.
My prayers concerning my children have changed to "Lord, whatever it takes save my children, not just from Hell but from this world. If that means you take me or one of my children home then your will be done."
The devil has tested me. I had a cold and he told me it was pneumonia. I am struggling with laryngitis and he wants me to think that it is cancer. However, I am steadfast in whatever it takes Lord, whatever it takes. (I have none of those things by the way)
I am not really sure what my point is except for maybe this is the prayer we need to pray for our children.

1 comment:

Linda Elms said...

Keep praying! We must keep them on the altar so God can work with them and SAVE them!