Sunday, January 27, 2008

Respect

Full disclosure: I don't like secular christian music. I only listen to Holy Ghost filled musicians. I have been this way for many years. Now I can go on with a clear conscience.

I heard a song the other day. It was a secular christian song. The words was something like this.
I want to lay back against you with your arms around me. I want to hear your heart beat and feel you breath.

JESUS IS NOT YOUR BOYFRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!

What happen to respect. We should bow down before him. Worship him. I think that there is something wrong with thinking that we can be so familiar with God.

This song sounds like something that would be in a love song, not something that you would say to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Anyways that is enough ranting. LOL

Just to end on a good note. Someone was baptized at church tonight and I just heard my 2 and 3 yr old playing like they were baptizing each other. I have to admit I am very proud right now. Actually I am crying! LOL The scripture is so true; I have no greater joy than to know that my children walk in truth.

1 comment:

Linda Elms said...

I cannot tell you how much I AGREE with you on this! Also, I love the "baptism story". Cute!