Friday, January 12, 2007

Just a few thoughts

1st thought
I love to help people, but sometimes I wonder if their intentions are pure, do they really want help (to change) or am I just wasting my time.
For example, a couple of years ago I was saving money for a new dress. We had a new convert in our church and she didn't have any church clothes so I took my new dress money and bought her one instead. A few months later she backslid and I never saw her again. That got me to thinking how do you know who to help and who not to help. A few months ago I got my answer.
On the radio I heard someone say "Kill them all and let God sort them out" WOW what a statement! And then it hit me BLESS THEM ALL AND LET GOD SORT THEM OUT.
It is not my decision who should get help and who shouldn't. It is God's. So the next time God gives me the privilege of helping someone I will not fret over intentions or anything else. I will just pray a little harder for that person and thank God for choosing me.

2nd thought
I hear a lot of women saying how they wish they could be young again. NOT ME I wanna be a grandma. I love my kids but they are a lot of work. I think grandparents have it easy. They get to buy all the presents play with the kids and go home and take nap. I want to be a napping grandma. However, I understand the importance of my influence on my children now. If we put the right things into them now when they are adults we can enjoy our grandchildren instead of worrying about our children. I am sure that that theory has been proven wrong several times but that is the game plan in our house.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great thoughts!

How can I help but love a woman like that? Oh well, can't help myself and wouldn't try anyhow...

meliaka said...

*giggles* What a wonderful post! You are so right - on both thoughts. But although I think it will be fun to be a grandma, I can't help but think that means I have to be older too... *grin* (I'm working on that one)

Enjoying your blog!
*waves*

Lynda said...

When I think of older I think of being wiser and maybe even slower and that doesn't sound bad to me. Life is too fast and I could definitely use the wisdom. LOL

Linda Elms said...

I LOVE this post! You are so right on both "thoughts"! I LOVE being "grandma"! I love to read what you have to say. Keep it up!

Misty said...

Love your thoughts. I can agree with the grandma thing daily. LOL. Thanks for stopping by mine.

Tammy Bryant said...

This is great!! How true, how true! You thoughts are quite enjoyable -keep it up.
See ya soon!

P.S. Mother's Night Out was Great with you.