Thursday, October 4, 2007

Too Blessed to be Depressed

I have been in a really funky mood lately.

Nobody likes me everybody hates me think I'll go eat worms kind of mood.

Last night I was laying in my bed unable to go to sleep because my children went to bed the first time I put them there and I had all this extra time I didn't know what to do with. I started thinking how blessed I am.

All during the day things happen that truely are blessings. Nathan says the cutest things; like he doesn't want to spend his money he wants to spend my money. Kevin comes up with the funniest things to do; like shooting something on my stove (thankfully he didn't actually do that one) I try not to laugh and encourage him but it really is funny. Braeden is learning all about his world; he got both his hands and one leg stuck together with rubber glue. And all of that was just yesterday!!! Most days I laugh all day long at what my children say, do or get themselves into.

And then I have a wonderful mother who I talk to several times a day. I have an Aunt Linda who loves me very much and would not want me to eat worms. I have a sister who is a lot of fun to be around. And then there is my most precious husband who could not treat me any better than he already does.

I am not even going to go into the monetary blessings that God has given me.
OK maybe one. I noticed this one yesterday.
We have been keeping a budget spreadsheet to see where all of our money goes. Well yesterday I was looking and we have spent about $200 more than his check was and we didn't go into to debt. That is the blessing you get from paying your tithes. Your money goes sooooo much further.

Sorry such a long post I am just feeling very blessed this morning. I will leave you with Anita Renfroe.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Lynda:

I so enjoyed reading your blog this morning (as always). I really look forward to your post and consider myself VERY lucky to have a namesake like you!

Thanks for being a wonderful mom and for being my niece!

I love you much!

Linda

Christina said...

Well this was good too! As my mind was on other things before reading this it made me stop and think how true this is in my own life and how blessed I am as well. Thanks for sharing this too.

Linda Elms said...

Amen! We are all blessed beyond measure. Thank you for sharing your heart.

Michelle said...

Great post Lynda! I assume that Braeden will be staying clear of the rubber glue from now on!

Lynda said...

yea, if I hadn't been afraid it wouldn't come off I wouldn't taken a picture. Now I wish I had taken one.