Thursday, February 1, 2007

Memories

I LOVE to sing songs with my children. The kind that gets them moving. I was blessed to have has a wonderful sunday school teacher that taught me all the fun songs like I'm in the Lord's Army and I'm a C-H-R-I-S-T-I-A-N. My kids love it they scream faster and of course I do it again faster until I am dizzy. When Nathan tries to sing it with me it makes it that much more fun.
Anyways, what brought this on is I remembered another song tonight that I had long forgotten and I became very grateful that my mom took me to church when I was little. Now I get to pass it down to my children. It is so much fun.

Oh yea the song was
I got the wonderful love of my blessed redeemer way down in the depths of my heart
Where
Down in the depths of my heart
Where
Down in the depths of my heart
I got the wonderful love of my blessed redeemer way down in the depths of my heart
Where
Down in the depths of my heart to stay
And if the devil doesn't like he can sit on a tack
Ow!
Sit on a tack
Ow!
Sit on a tack
And if the devil doesn't like it he can sit on a tack
Sit on a tack today

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I too remember that song from Sunday School and children's church. The best part was about the devil sitting on a tack.
Do remember the songs The Devil is a Sly old Fox, or The Little Birdie with a Yellow Bill? Just a couple to mention out of the many songs from Sunday School as a kid.