Saturday, August 23, 2008

How Bad Do You Want It

There are several things in my life that I have wanted to change or do but never seemed to be able to. I would try over and over but it never worked out. I would give reasons and excuses to make myself feel better but I always seem to end up frustrated with myself. The reasons, excuses and frustration never got me anywhere.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to try to change a few things again, one of them being going on a diet. I have REALLY started seeing results in two of the areas that I want to change. This time feels different. So what is the difference?

I WANT IT BAD ENOUGH!!!! Bad enough to do WHATEVER it takes.

I was talking to someone the other day about helping someone in need, and I made this statement: You can't help them until they are willing to sacrifice for it themselves first. THEY HAVE TO WANT IT BAD ENOUGH!

Maybe in years past I just never wanted it as much as I do now. Yes I wanted those things and yes they would have made me very happy then, but now I WANT it. I want it bad enough to sacrifice. I want it bad enough to run/walk two miles, eat less, pray more, even fast. I have never successfully fasted before and now I do. Why? I WANT IT!!! I want to lose weight and I want to change.

Since I got this thought, every time I think I will just wait until tomorrow to do what I need to do I say to myself "How bad do you want it?" I want it bad enough to do what I need to do.

So now I ask you to think about what you want in life. How bad do you want it?



Side note: I know this is early but I weighed this afternoon and I have lost 10lbs!! Yes, 10lbs. I am sooo excited!! I am 1/3rd of the way through. I know I have had some set backs, some have been my fault, but I want it bad enough not to quit.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Great post Lynda! And congrats on losing 10 lbs!

Christina said...

So, you feeling a little inspiring lately or what, lol! Another good post that I enjoyed. Keep up the WANT IT attitude and you will meet your goal and keep it that way. GOOD LUCK!

Madison S. said...

Wow what an awesome post. I am so proud for the your on your loss of 10 lbs. I hope that now the kids are starting back to school I can get in more of a routine and get that want it attitude. Keep up the inspiring post this was incrediable!

Karen Prince said...

Congrats on losing! I hope my results will be just as successful!
Good post.