Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Censorship

I have read two stories today about censorship.

The first story someone had a graphic picture of a young girl dying and they felt they had a first amendment right to show everyone this picture even though the family did not want anyone to see it. They cried foul because they were being censored.

The second story was of a teacher who wanted her students to read a book that the school board told her not to pass out to the kids. She did it any way and was suspended for a year and a half. She got upset because her STUDENTS were being censored.

Since when did the word CENSOR become a bad word. YES! I censor EVERYTHING that I watch/read and I especially censor everything my children watch/read.

Lam 3:51 Mine eye affecteth mine heart....

I think that a better word for censor would be shelter. I shelter my mind and my children's mind from the things this world wants lack of cencorship from.

No comments: